Thursday, April 1, 2010

Year-Round Fools... and we're paying their salaries!

I have long been a proponent of requiring some basic competency test before people are allowed to vote.  After all, we have tests that people have to pass to drive a car, and tests that people have to pass to become a citizen. We place so much importance on the right to vote, but rarely do we talk about the responsibility that comes with voting.  I'll have more to say about that later.

After seeing the following video, I wonder if we should require prospective congressmen and senators to pass a basic competency test.  I have little doubt how this guy would fare. And, no, this really is not an April Fools Day joke.  This video was from a hearing last week.

And, now introducing the pride of Georgia's 4th district, Congressman Hank Johnson:



'Nuff said.

2 comments:

Malinda said...

Those capsizing islands can be a real problem. :) WOW!

Eckardt's said...

Jason made me watch this clip the other day. Nate, you have a lot of the same thoughts my husband has.
I'm safely assuming you don't like Nancy Polosi...
Jason and I are watching a movie called Mars Attacks right now and he has pointed out the allien in the movie looks just like Nancy Polosi. I agree.